You will immediately notice the difference between the SafeRest Premium mattress protector and the Protect-A-Bed AllerZip mattress protector. While they will both keep your mattress surface free from allergens, dust mites and liquid damage, one protector can do even more. Read on for my full review.
- Waterproof surface
- Dust mite and allergen protection
- Machine washable, tumble low dry heat
- Vinyl, PVC and Phthalate free
- 10-year warranty
- Fitted sheet style (protection on five sides)
- Hypoallergenic cotton terry surface fabric
- Can fit mattresses up to 18 inches thick
- SafeRest offers Invisa-Shield Technology which is supposed to protect your mattress without being able to feel it under your sheets.
- Sizing: SafeRest offers standard sizes
- Comes with a 200+ Wash Durability Rating
- Queen size retails for ~$69.95 (See current pricing on Amazon)
You can read the full SafeRest Mattress Protector review here.
- Encasement mattress with 6-Sided Miracle Membrane® barrier that prevents mold, mildew, dust mites, pet dander, and pollen
- 100% polyester sleep surface
- Two depths to choose from (6-inch or 9-inch)
- Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
- Certified bed bug proof
- Categorized as an FDA Class 1 Medical Device
- Multiple sizes available, including sofa protectors
- Queen size retails for ~$129.95 (See current pricing on Amazon)
You can read the full Protect-A-Bed Mattress Protector review here.
Pros and Cons Of Each Protector
You Might Choose…
- You want a protector that goes on your mattress like a fitted sheet
- You have a thicker mattress (can fit up to 18-inch mattresses)
- You want a protector with a cotton terry surface
- You want a protector that costs less than $100 (for a Queen)
- You want a protector with a 200+ Wash Durability Rating.
- You want an encasement mattress that can be sealed to protect against bed bugs
- You want a protector that is Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
- You want to cover a unique mattress – like a sofa mattress
- You want a super snug fit on your mattress (protector comes in two depth options)
These protectors are so different that your choice will most likely come down to your personal needs and priorities.
If you are looking for a mattress that is waterproof, easy to put on and off, easy to care for and relatively affordable, you will probably enjoy the SafeRest protector.
SafeRest’s protector is a straightforward protector that will go on your mattress like a fitted sheet and will keep the surface safe from liquid damage and allergies.
However, if you need a serious mattress protector you will want to go with the Protect-A-Bed Allerzip.
What do I mean by a “serious” protector? If you have any of the following issues:
- Potential for bed bugs
- Major allergy or asthma issues
- Potential for a lot of liquid damage
Protect-A-Bed Allerzip has the option to completely seal off your mattress from the outside world. It’s listed as a medical device and has been certified and lab tested to keep your mattress truly protected from allergens and asthma.
It comes with a steeper price tag at $12.95 for a Queen – nearly double the cost of the SafeRest protector – but it offers much more.
I personally preferred the overall fit and functionality of the Protect-A-Bed Allerzip protector. While I did not care for the price tag, for the value and quality I think it’s definitely worth the money.
Those looking for something simpler, the SafeRest protect may be a good fit for you.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- How To Hang Your Blackout Curtains – Just A Few Simple Steps! - September 9, 2019
- ‘LectroFan Classic White Noise Machine Review – Is It Pitch Perfect? - September 5, 2019
- How Alcohol Impacts Sleep – What You Should Know - September 4, 2019