Like this infographic? Consider sharing it with this link or embed on your own site with the embed code below!
What Are The Worst Cities For Bedbugs?
If you analyze our bedbug outbreak map, there’s not as much consensus as one would think. That said, the top bedbug cities tend to be repeat offenders on the East Coast such as New York City, Baltimore, Chicago, and Cleveland. New York City alone has more than 4,000 reports in the registry.
Which State Has The Most Bedbugs?
The worst states for bedbugs are consistently New York and California. Florida, Ohio, New Jersey, and Maryland also have crawled up the ranks.
Will Bedbugs Spread To Me?
Look at this data on bedbugs by state, map out the cities that are closest to you, and figure that there is a fair chance that your local metropolis has a few infested hotels. But don’t worry too much; there are many small things you can do to prevent bedbugs from coming home with you.
How Do You Get Bedbugs In The First Place?
It may seem like they show up out of nowhere, but that’s not the case. How do bedbugs spread? They tend to hitch a ride on clothing, luggage, used furniture, and laundry. Hotels, hospitals, office buildings, and nursing homes are their favorite spots. If you look at our bedbug map, you can see that the worst areas tend to have many hotels.
If You Find Yourself Wondering, “Do I Have Bedbugs?,” Here’s What You Can Do:
- Look at some pictures of the critters themselves.
- See what bedbug bites look like.
- Learn how to get rid of bedbugs. Remember that simply tossing your mattress out on the street will make the overall problem worse. (And in some states, it’s against the law.)
- If you read up on bedbug facts, you’ll know there’s no saving your mattress. You’ll need a new one; our mattress reviews can help.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Mattress Review – A Quality Value? - December 18, 2018
- Level Sleep Giveaway – Zoned For Back Pain? - December 5, 2018
- 6 Most Comfortable Mattresses 2019 – Which Is Best For You? - December 3, 2018