Both Bamboo Supply Co. and Cariloha are bamboo retailers that offer an array of products in addition to bedding. Cariloha has a range of bamboo sheets (including the Classic sheet set) while Bamboo Supply Co. debuted their luxury line of bamboo sheets this past August. Both sets of sheets and both companies have a lot to offer, so we put together a breakdown to help you decide which sheets are the best fit for you.
- Made from 100% Viscose/Rayon from Bamboo
- Sets come with 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 2 pillow covers
- Fit mattresses up to 18-inches thick
- Thermal Regulating
- Both companies offer satisfaction guarantees
- Incredibly silky and soft feel
- Both sets of sheets wrinkle fairly easily
- Care instructions require some patience
- Bamboo Supply Co. is a Twill Weave
- Bamboo Supply Co. comes in Double, King and Cal King sizes (see our article on mattress dimensions)
- Bamboo Supply Co. retails for $195 (for Queen bed)
- Bamboo Supply Co. has three color options
- The manufacturer of Bamboo Supply Co. sheets is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 compliant
- Resort is made with a Sateen Weave (this weave is longer and more of the bamboo fiber is felt in each thread which makes the fabric softer than the Twill Weave)
- Resort comes in Queen and King size only
- Resort has advanced box stitching at the seams for enhanced durability
- Resort retails for $239 (for Queen bed)
- Resort has seven color options
Pros and Cons of each sheet set
These videos highlight the key pros and cons of each set of sheets. Here are the videos of each set of sheets:
You Might Choose
- Cariloha Resort if you want to splurge on super soft sheets that have advanced stitching for extra durability
- Cariloha Resort if you want a silkier feeling to your sheets (sateen weave)
- Bamboo Supply Co. if you want incredibly soft high-quality sheets for under $200.
- Bamboo Supply Co. if you have sensitive skin (sheets are hypoallergenic according to the company’s website).
- Either set if you want to purchase sheets from companies who are transparent about the manufacturing of bamboo textiles. Cariloha offers a video about how their sheets are made and Bamboo Supply Co. is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 compliant. The Oeko-Tex Standard 100 is a well-known independent environmental testing and certification system that works to make sure harmful substances stay out of textiles.
Overall both sets of sheets were incredibly soft and both wrinkled fairly easily – even when following care instructions carefully. I also had breathability/thermoregulating issues with both (got hot during the night).
The Cariloha Resort sheet set offers a slightly more luxurious feel thanks to the sateen weave of the fabric. Resort also offers more color varieties (seven options vs three).
Both sets of sheets are equally as lightweight and draped nicely over my bed. I had no issues with shrinking in either set.
If details matter to you, you prefer sateen finishes, and the durability that comes with box-stitched seams (and you can handle a $239+ price tag) then the Cariloha Resort Bamboo Sheet Set could be right for you.
If you are focused more on the feel and are looking for sheets that offer hypoallergenic properties, then Bamboo Supply Co. Sheet Set could be right for you.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Amazon’s Prime Day Deals – List Of Discounted Mattresses - July 15, 2019
- Survey Finds “Recreational” Marijuana Users Buy Pot To Help Aid Sleep, Ease Pain - July 12, 2019
- How To ACTUALLY Wash Dirty Pillows (Step-By-Step Guide!) - July 12, 2019