Weighted blankets are getting more and more popular because of their many potential health benefits. Just a few years ago, the options were limited but now, the choices seem to be endless.
One of the newest weighted blankets to hit the market is the DREAMality. Having tried out so many of the most popular weighted blankets, I was interested to see how this would compare.
This DREAMality Weighted Blanket review will highlight my personal experience and go over the key takeaways about this blanket that consumers should know in order to make a more informed decision.
Editor’s Note: Hey, friend! Unfortunately the DREAMality Weighted Blanket is no longer available. Looking for alternatives? Check out our latest review of the Best Weighted Blankets currently on the market!
DREAMality Weighted Blanket Video Review
See the DREAMality Weighted Blanket in action and how it performs in a variety of sleep and nap tests.
Who Might Like the DREAMality…
- Those who are seeking a weighted blanket to use year-round. A major drawback of many weighted blankets is their warmth. Just because a person is looking for some extra weight does not mean that they want extra warmth. The DREAMality is a breathable weighted blanket, and it didn’t make me sleep as hot as some weighted blankets have. People should be able to use the DREAMality all year without any concerns about breathability.
- People who are looking for an affordable option. When people are looking at weighted blankets, they might notice they can be quite expensive. That being said, the DREAMality is a good value for a number of reasons. As of the writing of this review, it is $77 for any size and any weight. This is much more affordable than some of its competitors and simply put a great value overall.
- Those who want a blanket with good weight distribution. Some weighted blankets, while heavy, can feel a bit uneven in terms of their weight distribution. This is not an issue with the DREAMality from my experience. It features smaller squares that keep the weight evenly distributed across the entire blanket. I do not feel like there are any areas that lack weight and thought the distribution was great overall.
Who Might Not Like the DREAMality…
- Those who are looking for a luxury weighted blanket. In the end, the DREAMality has a somewhat simple design and does not come with too many extra features. If people want a weighted blanket with some more luxury frills and more durable construction, the DREAMality might not be the best choice for them.
- People who prefer a wider blanket. The largest size option for the DREAMality is Queen and is 60″ wide so that it fits the top of a Queen bed. However, if people have a larger bed or they are a larger person, this might not fit them exactly. In addition, couples who want to share a weighted blanket might need to look elsewhere.
- Those who want more weight options. As of now, DREAMality only offers two weight options: 15 lb and 20 lb. While these weights should work for most people, they might not fit everyone. For instance, if someone is a very small person, 15 lb might be too heavy, and if someone is a much larger person, 20 lb might not be heavy enough.
RELATED: Best Weighted Blankets
Construction and Weight Options
If people decide to go with the DREAMality, they first have two options. They can choose one version that comes with a Minky cover or the other version that does not come with a cover.
The outside of the blanket is made from cotton and is somewhat soft to the touch. Inside, there is a cotton polyfill mesh, and the weight comes from nano glass beads. These are held in place by a gridded design with double stitching that looks nice overall.
In terms of sizes, there are two options available: Twin and Queen. We received the Queen size, and it is 60″ by 80″. This fits the top of a bed, and there is no noticeable overhang. If people want something narrower, they can opt for the Twin.
There are only have two weight options available. People can choose from 15 lb or 20 lb. Some companies give lighter and heavier choices as well as some smaller weight intervals.
If people make a mess on their weighted blanket, they can clean it at home. DREAMality recommends that people wash it on a cold, gentle cycle and tumble dry it on low.
Consumers can also place their DREAMality in a duvet cover if they want to keep it cleaner. The weighted blanket features tabs on the corner and sides where they can secure it to a duvet cover.
The main thing people want to look at in a weighted blanket is, well, the weight. I want to know if the weighted blanket is a good fit for someone my size. To figure out the right size weighted blanket for someone’s weight, people should simply divide their weight by 10 and add or subtract one or two pounds (depending on their preferences).
I am 230 lb., so when dividing my weight by 10 and adding a few pounds (I prefer my blankets a bit heavier), that gets to 25. So usually, I go with a weighted blanket that is close to 25 lb. Because the DREAMality only comes in 15 and 20 lb, they do not offer a blanket that is quite heavy enough.
However, the blanket really shines when looking at the excellent weight distribution. With weighted blankets, people want to make sure that the weight is evenly distributed across the entire blanket. The gridded squares are quite small on the DREAMality, so I don’t feel a lack of weight anywhere.
Even though Queen is the largest size they offer, this isn’t an issue for me. 60″ x 80″ is a good fit as I sleep alone. It fits the body well, and the blanket does not really hang off the edges. I have had trouble with larger weighted blankets being pulled off the bed by their own weight, but that did not happen in this case.
As a hot sleeper, I often worry about weighted blankets making me overheat at night. I did not have this issue with the DREAMality blanket at any point. It is a thinner weighted blanket with some nice breathability. I did not find myself waking up sweating during the night, which was very refreshing.
Finally, the major test of a weighted blanket is how well it helps people sleep. Having tried a number of weighted blankets, it is safe to say the DREAMality performed admirably. I did not wake up during the night and I woke up feeling especially refreshed.
The DREAMality is a good match for hot sleepers and those who are looking for a tremendous value. If people aren’t quite sure this is the weighted blanket for them, it does come with a 365-night risk-free trial, so the risk in getting one is quite low.