The Open Seas Plush Euro Top is a hybrid mattress that is part of the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection. The Silver is the most affordable collection.
The Open Seas Plush Euro Top mattress is approximately 14” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, which the Simmons website describes as “a fiber enhanced with silver designed to help move both heat and moisture away from the surface of the mattress to maintain an ideal sleeping temperature”
- Aircool® Foam, a foam that provides pressure relief
- Airfeel™ Foam, a foam that helps with airflow
- Aircool® Gel Memory Foam Center Third Support. Per the Simmons website, this “relieves pressure points by conforming to the body’s position” and “delivers high air flow helping to keep people comfortable during sleep”
- Geltouch® Foam, which provides comfort and support
- 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, which consists of coils that are meant to support people while they sleep
This is a plush Euro-top mattress, meaning it is relatively soft and should not put pressure on the joints. At the same time, the Center Third Support and pocketed coils should keep people supported.
The cooling technologies — namely the Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam — will help prevent people from overheating at night.
Simmons states this is Plush Euro Top. In general, plush and soft mattresses are ideal for side sleepers, since they do not put pressure on the joints.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The Open Seas Plush Euro Top is likely a good pick for people who run hot while they sleep. That’s thanks to the Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam.
- This plush Euro-top mattress might work best for side sleepers because the plushness of the mattress will help relieve pressure on the knees, shoulders, and hips.
- The Open Seas Plush Euro Top has a Euro-top — similar to a pillow-top — which adds another layer of cushioning to the mattress.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- The Open Seas Plush Euro Top is described as a “plush Euro top,” meaning it’s likely not a good pick for back or stomach sleepers who need a firmer mattress to support their spines.
- If People don’t like a pillow-top or Euro-top mattress, this is not the right fit for them. Some people find that pillow- and Euro-top mattresses wear down more quickly over time.
- The Open Seas Plush Euro Top does contain memory foam, but it is a hybrid mattress. If people are looking for that classic, sinking memory foam feel, consider a pure memory foam option.
Why Should People Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
This mattress is described as a “plush Euro top,” meaning it’s likely one of the softer models in the Beautyrest Silver collection.
The Open Seas Plush Euro Top contains Aircool® Gel Memory Foam Center Third Support, which other models in the collection do not have.
The Open Seas Plush Euro Top contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam Center Third Support to help prevent overheating.
This innerspring coil mattress is 14” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam Center Third Support, Airfeel™ Foam, Geltouch® Foam, and 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Open Seas Plush Euro Top is a plush mattress with a Euro-top, making it a nice pick for side sleepers. Hot sleepers should enjoy sleeping cool on this mattress. Back and stomach sleepers may want to look for a firmer mattress.
All images from Simmons
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Compare Casper Mattresses – Which Is Best? - July 9, 2020
- Casper Vs. Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Comparison - July 7, 2020
- Casper Wave Hybrid Vs. Purple Hybrid Premier Mattress Comparison - June 30, 2020