The Open Seas Luxury Firm is a hybrid mattress model from the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection. This is Simmons’s most affordable line of mattresses.
The Open Seas Luxury Firm mattress is approximately 12” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, which prevents mold and bacteria growth and helps keep you cool
- Aircool® Foam, a foam with temperature-regulating properties
- Airfeel™ Foam, a foam that promotes airflow through the mattress layers
- Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, a pressure-relieving foam
- 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, which is the coil system in this mattress
This is a luxury firm mattress, meaning it will support your body while you sleep and thus may be a nice pick for stomach and back sleepers. You shouldn’t have to worry about your hips sinking in too far on this mattress.
Also, the Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam will all work to prevent overheating.
Simmons states this mattress is a luxury firm model.
Firm mattresses are generally a good pick for back and stomach sleepers, because they tend to provide adequate spinal support.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The Open Seas Luxury Firm is probably a good choice for people who run hot at night. It contains Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, and Aircool® Foam to promote cooling.
- This luxury firm model might suit back and stomach sleepers, as a firm mattress can help keep your spine in the correct alignment while you sleep.
- The Open Seas Luxury Firm is a good pick for people who want a firm-feeling mattress without a pillow-top.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- The Open Seas Luxury Firm is probably not the best pick for side sleepers, as a firm mattress may put pressure on the shoulders and hips.
- This mattress does contain Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, but it might not be a good pick for people who are looking for a classic memory foam feel. Those who prefer the “enveloping” memory foam feel should look for an all-foam model.
Why Should You Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
The Simmons website describes this mattress as luxury firm, which means it is probably a firmer pick than several other models in the Beautyrest Silver collection.
This model contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam to help regulate temperature better than many other models.
This hybrid innerspring coil mattress is 12” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, and 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Open Seas Luxury Firm mattress is described as luxury firm, making it a good pick for back and stomach sleepers. Hot sleepers should also find cool comfort on this mattress.
All images from Simmons
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- TEMPUR-Topper Supreme Review – The Best Pressure Relief? - August 14, 2019
- Brooklinen Down Comforter Review – True Luxury? - August 13, 2019
- Brooklyn Bedding Titan Vs. Purple 4 – Which Reigns Supreme? - August 6, 2019