The Open Seas Extra Firm is a hybrid mattress. It is part of the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection, which is the most affordable Beautyrest collection.
The Open Seas Extra Firm mattress is approximately 11” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, which has cooling properties and also prevents the growth of bacteria and mold
- Aircool® Foam to help keep you cool at night
- Geltouch® Foam, a Simmons gel foam that provides “soothing comfort”
- 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, which is the support system in the mattress
This is a firm mattress that will help support your neck and spine while you sleep. The Dualcool™ Technology Fiber and Aircool® Foam will help prevent overheating. It is also a hybrid mattress, so it should offer a balance of comfort and support.
Simmons states this is an extra firm mattress. Firm mattresses are generally a good pick for back and stomach sleepers, as they help keep your spine aligned and supported.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The Open Seas Extra Firm is probably a good pick for stomach or back sleepers. It should support your spine while you sleep.
- This mattress is described as “extra firm,” making it a good choice for people who like the feel of a very firm mattress.
- The Open Seas Extra Firm is a hybrid mattress, making it a nice pick for people who like the support of coils along with the comfort and feel of foam.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- The Open Seas Extra Firm is likely not a good fit for side sleepers. That’s because the firm mattress may put pressure on side sleepers’ knees, hips, and shoulders.
- This mattress is 11” high, which is a few inches shorter than other Beautyrest Silver models. Some people may prefer a taller mattress.
- While this mattress does contain foam layers, it is firmer and may not have that slow-sinking memory foam feel that some people prefer.
Why Should You Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
Simmons describes this model as “extra firm,” meaning it’s likely one of the firmest options in the Beautyrest Silver collection.
The Open Seas Extra Firm contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber and Aircool® Foam to help with temperature control.
This innerspring coil mattress is 11” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Geltouch® Foam, and 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Open Seas Extra Firm mattress is described as extra firm, meaning it’s likely a good fit for back and stomach sleepers, as well as for people who enjoy the feeling of a very firm mattress. It may not be an ideal pick for side sleepers or sleepers who prefer a softer feel in their mattress.
All images from Simmons
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Late Mornings Sateen Duvet Cover Review – Comfy And Eco-Friendly? - November 5, 2019
- Luxome Cooling Weighted Blanket Review – Hot Or Cold? - November 1, 2019
- Innerspring Vs Memory Foam Mattresses – The Ultimate Showdown - October 29, 2019