The Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm is a hybrid mattress. It is part of the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection, which is a more affordable collection than the Beautyrest Black and Beautyrest Platinum collections.
The Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm mattress is approximately 13.5” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, which is a material containing silver. The silver is intended to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold and to prevent overheating
- Aircool® Foam, a temperature-regulating foam
- Airfeel™ Foam, a foam which helps air move throughout the mattress
- Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, a Simmons foam designed to relieve pressure on the joints
- Backcare® Support, which features coils “strategically located in the center third of the mattress [to] enhance contouring back support”
- 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, the innerspring coils in the mattress that support the body and add durability
This is a firmer mattress, meaning it will provide good support if people are lying on their back and stomach. The Backcare® Support system adds even more support for back sleepers. Furthermore, the layers of foam are designed to relieve pressure, offering comfort for common pressure points.
The Dualcool™ Technology Fiber and Aircool® foams help keep people cool. The coils and Airfeel™ Foam allow for plenty of airflow, meaning people are less likely to overheat while they sleep.
Simmons states this mattress is Luxury Firm. In general, extra-firm mattresses are a good pick for people who sleep on their backs or stomachs.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm may be a good selection for those who overheat at night. It contains the following cooling technologies: Airfeel™ Foam, Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam.
- This luxury firm model might be a good fit for people who sleep on their stomach or back. That’s because a firm mattress can help people keep their spine in a comfortable and safe alignment.
- The Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm is a hybrid with foam on top. It could be a good fit for people who prefer a bouncy, springy mattress rather than the enveloping feel of memory foam.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- Firm and extra-firm mattresses can sometimes put pressure on joints including the shoulders, hips, and knees. That means the Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm may not be a good fit for side sleepers.
- If people like the feeling of a softer bed, this model is probably not the best selection for them. This mattress is described as “luxury firm,” so it is likely not plushy or soft at all.
- If people like the sinking, enveloping feeling that memory foam provides, the Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm is probably not a good fit. Instead, they should look for a pure memory foam mattress.
Why Should You Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
The Simmons website categorizes this model as “luxury firm,” which means it is probably one of the firmer mattresses available in the Beautyrest Silver collection. This model may be ideal if you prefer a firm mattress.
The Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam to keep you cool and improve airflow throughout the night.
This is a hybrid mattress, meaning it contains both innersprings and memory foam. Other mattresses may feature only innersprings or only foam.
This innerspring coil mattress is 13.5” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, Backcare® Support, and 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Charcoal Coast Luxury Firm mattress is described as luxury firm, so it is likely a nice choice for back or stomach sleepers. This is not a good option for side sleepers or people who prefer a very soft mattress.
All images from Simmons
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Intex Air Mattress Review – Great For A Guest Room? - February 26, 2020
- AeroBed Air Mattress Review – A Luxury Option? - February 21, 2020
- Casper Humidity Fighting Duvet Review – Great For Hot Sleepers? - February 18, 2020