The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top is a hybrid mattress that is part of the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection. The Silver collection is the most affordable of the Beautyrest collections.
The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top mattress is approximately 15” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, a material that contains silver and is designed to prevent overheating and inhibit bacteria and mold growth
- Aircool® Foam, a foam that helps prevent the mattress from overheating
- Airfeel™ Foam, a foam which improves airflow through the mattress, further helping to prevent overheating
- Comfort Foam, which helps support your body
- Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, a Simmons foam that is designed to prevent pressure on the joints where your body meets the mattress
- 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, which offers solid support
This is a firmer mattress with a pillow-top. This means there is a soft layer on top of the mattress with additional support underneath.
The pillow-top combined with the layers of foam in the Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top should relieve pressure on your joints.
Additionally, the Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® foams, and Airfeel™ Foam should help prevent overheating while you sleep.
Simmons states this mattress is a Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top. Luxury firm often means a mattress could be firmer than average and a good match for back and stomach sleepers. At the same time, the pillow-top should relieve pressure for side sleepers.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top may be a good selection for people who “sleep hot.” It contains the following cooling technologies: Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam.
- A pillow-top model such as the Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top may be a good pick for people who prefer a soft mattress on top with strong support underneath. This means it could be a match for combination sleepers.
- The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top is a hybrid mattress, meaning it contains both coils and foam. This makes it a good choice for people who like a bouncy mattress.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- Some people find that pillow-top mattresses wear down more quickly over time, as the pillow-top fabric becomes compressed from use.
- Though the mattress layers are firm underneath, the pillow-top means this will not necessarily feel like a firm mattress. The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top is probably not a good pick for people who like the feeling of an extremely firm mattress.
- The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top is also not a good choice for people who like the feeling of a pure memory foam mattress. This is a hybrid mattress with foam on top, so you may not sink in and have that enveloping feeling that comes with all-foam mattresses.
Why Should You Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
The Simmons website describes the Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top as a “Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top,” meaning it’s a firmer mattress underneath the pillow-top.
The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top has a pillow-top, while numerous other models in the Beautyrest Silver collection do not have a pillow-top.
This hybrid mattress is 15” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, Comfort Foam, and 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Charcoal Bay Luxury Firm Summit Pillow Top is a good pick for people who like a firm mattress with a pillow-top. It could be a good match for back and stomach sleepers as well as some side sleepers. If you sleep in numerous positions, this could be a good mattress for you.
All images from Simmons
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Late Mornings Sateen Duvet Cover Review – Comfy And Eco-Friendly? - November 5, 2019
- Luxome Cooling Weighted Blanket Review – Hot Or Cold? - November 1, 2019
- Innerspring Vs Memory Foam Mattresses – The Ultimate Showdown - October 29, 2019