The Cascade Mist Firm is a hybrid mattress. It is one of 20 models in the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection, which is the most affordable Beautyrest collection.
Construction And Materials
The Cascade Mist Firm mattress is approximately 13.5” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam, which should help move heat away from your mattress’ surface to prevent overheating
- Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, a special gel foam made by Simmons that helps relieve pressure
- Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam, a ventilated foam that provides extra back support
- 1000 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, which provides body support and motion isolation
The use of both foam and coils is meant to give a mixture of pressure relief and support. The foam layers are also made to promote cooling in this mattress. In addition, the pocketed coil technology allows for good airflow. Overall, this means you shouldn’t be sleeping hot.
Simmons states that this mattress is Firm. Firmer mattresses are often better for back and stomach sleepers.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the mattress’s firmness without additional information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- If you like the enveloping feeling of memory foam, this might be a good mattress for you. The Cascade Mist Firm contains three foam layers: Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, and Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam.
- Two of the foam layers — Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam and Aircool® Gel Memory Foam — are specifically designed to combat overheating at night. This means the Cascade Mist Firm might be good for people who run hot in their sleep.
- A firm mattress can be a good fit for stomach or back sleepers, as it will provide the necessary support to keep your spine aligned while you are asleep. This helps prevent back pain.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- A firmer mattress is not always ideal for a side sleeper, as it can put pressure on your shoulders, hips, and knees. If you sleep on your side, the Cascade Mist Firm may be uncomfortable for you.
- This mattress contains three layers of memory foam. If you don’t like the feeling of memory foam, this mattress may not suit you.
- The Cascade Mist Firm is a hybrid mattress. Hybrid models are often very heavy due to the number of materials involved, so this is not a good fit for anyone who would struggle to move a heavy mattress.
Why Should You Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
It’s a firm model, which may be good for back or stomach sleepers.
It contains cooling memory foam, which is good for people who tend to overheat at night.
It is a hybrid model, while other mattresses in the collection only have an innerspring design without memory foam.
This hybrid mattress is 13.5” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam, and 1000 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Cascade Mist Firm mattress is a firmer mattress and could be a good pick for those who sleep on their back or stomach. It also has many components that are designed to ensure you don’t sleep hot. However, if you are a side sleeper or don’t like the feeling of memory foam, this might not be the best choice for you.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Vs. Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Is Best For You? - September 12, 2019
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers – Which Is The One For You? - September 11, 2019
- Cushion Lab Calm Embrace Weighted Blanket Review – Will It Help You Sleep Better? - September 10, 2019