The Beachwood Luxury Firm is a hybrid mattress. It is one of 20 models in the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection, which is the most affordable Beautyrest collection.
Construction And Materials
The Beachwood Luxury Firm mattress is approximately 12.5” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam, which will move heat away from the surface of the mattress and help prevent people from overheating
- Geltouch® Foam, a layer designed to give people “soothing comfort”
- Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam, which is a type of ventilated foam that will also give extra support when people are on their back
- 1000 Density Plush Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, which is meant to support the body and isolate the movements
The Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam helps dissipate heat, and the pocketed coils and Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam allow for airflow. Together, these factors should ensure people sleep cool on this mattress.
The Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam and pocketed coils are designed to be quite supportive. Because this is a hybrid mattress, the top layers of foam add an extra level of comfort. Overall, there should be a balance of comfort and support.
Simmons states this mattress is Luxury Firm. Generally speaking, a firm mattress is usually a better fit for back and stomach sleepers.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- If people like the feeling of memory foam, this might be a good selection for them. The Beachwood Luxury Firm contains three foam layers: Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam, Geltouch® Foam, and Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam.
- The Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam and Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam are designed to move air around the mattress and stop people from running hot at night. So this may be a good mattress for people who sleep hot.
- A firm mattress usually works well for people who sleep on their back or stomach, because it helps keep their spine and neck aligned during the night. Proper spinal alignment can help prevent back pain.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- Depending on someone’s sleep position, a firm mattress can put pressure on joints including their knees, hips, and shoulders. If people sleep on their side, the Beachwood Luxury Firm may not be a good selection for them.
- If people don’t like the feeling of memory foam, the Beachwood Luxury Firm may not be the best choice for them. It contains three separate layers of memory foam.
- The Beachwood Luxury Firm is a hybrid mattress, and hybrid models are often very heavy due to the number of materials and components they contain. This may be an issue when transporting or moving the mattress.
Why Should People Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
It is a firm model, which makes it ideal for many people who sleep on their back or stomach.
It contains temperature regulation technology including Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam and Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam, making it a good choice for people who overheat at night.
It is a hybrid model. Other Silver models have only coils and don’t contain memory foam.
This hybrid mattress is 12.5” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Memory Foam, Geltouch® Foam, Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam, and 1000 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Beachwood Luxury Firm mattress sounds like a firmer mattress that would be nice for back and stomach sleepers. It also has temperature regulation components to ensure people don’t sleep hot. If people sleep on their side or dislike memory foam, this is likely not the best choice for them.
All images from Simmons