Loom and Leaf is the second brand to come out from the Saatva company. Sapira is the second brand to come out from Leesa. Both have been very popular ever since their launch and aim to be true luxury mattresses. Given that they are both in the luxury category, people want to know how they compare to one another. I’ll highlight the main similarities and differences to help you make a better decision.
- Similar business model
- Both are brands from well respected companies
- Both are considered luxury mattresses
- Both have great sleep trials and return policies
- Sapira uses spring as its support layer, while L&L uses polyfoam
- Sapira uses latex-like polyfoam on the very top of the mattress, while L&L uses memory foam
- Sapira is a bit firmer than the Loom and Leaf
- Loom & Leaf is $1,099 for a Queen (you pay shipping), while Sapira is currently $1,325 (with a $150 coupon)
- Loom and Leaf is 12 inches thick, while Sapira is 11 inches thick
The comfort layer differences make the mattresses have different feels. The Sapira uses 1.5 inches of high-density performance foam over 1.5 inches of memory foam. The performance foam is latex-like and highly durable. The result is you get good pressure relief and body contouring. The mattress is immediately responsive, meaning the foam snaps back to place immediately. You get a more “on” the mattress feel.
The Loom & Leaf uses only memory foam in its comfort layer. This means you slowly sink into the mattress and the foam is slow-moving. This is a much different feel from what you get with the Sapira.
Another big difference is that the Loom and Leaf uses foam in its support layer, while Sapira uses springs. When taking all the materials together, I would make an educated guess that the Sapira would be more durable than the L&L. I think both mattresses do a good job of sleeping cool.
The videos below show off the feel of the two mattresses. You can see how bouncy the Sapira is compared to the Loom And Leaf. I think that the Sapira is firmer than the Loom & Leaf as well.
You Might Want To Pick Sapira If:
- You Sleep Close To The Edge Of The Bed– Sapira has maybe the best edge support of any mattress I’ve tried. You can sleep on the very edge of the bed and not feel like you are going to fall off.
- You Sleep On Your Back/Stomach– This mattress has tremendous support and is a bit firmer than the L&L. That makes it more appropriate for most back or stomach sleepers.
- You Want A More Responsive Mattress– The performance foam used on the top of the mattress makes the mattress immediately responsive. You get a more “on” the mattress feel than you do with the Loom and Leaf.
You Might Want To Pick The Loom and Leaf If:
- You Like The Memory Foam Feel– If you like the feel of slowly sinking into the mattress while it contours to your body, the L&L will be the way to go.
- You Sleep On Your Side– The Loom and Leaf has great pressure relief and it is a bit softer than the Sapira. It also has a thicker comfort layer. All that considered, I think it may be a better option for side sleepers.
Which Should You Pick?
These are two of the best mattresses I’ve reviewed. These mattresses are also very different, so you should figure out exactly what type of feel you are looking for and make a decision from there.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Zoma Mattress Review – Zoned For Comfort And Support? - November 26, 2019
- 2019 Budget Mattress Showdown! Amazon vs Zinus vs Tuft and Needle vs LinenSpa vs Lucid - November 25, 2019
- Beautyrest Black Online Mattress Review – Luxury Comfort And Support? - November 19, 2019