Casper and Purple are popular mattress companies who also make their own protectors. While both mattress protectors offer protection against allergens and liquids, they have very different looks and feels. This comparison will go over the details of both protectors and highlight the important similarities and differences.
- Quiet materials to reduce instances of crinkling underneath sheets
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Come in sizes Twin to Cal King
- Basic Care: Machine wash cold/warm, tumble dry low
- Both mattress protectors are five-sided’
- Both offer 1- Year limited warranties
- Both are under $100
- Knit Top: Polyester and Spandex (Quilted top)
- Skirting: Polyester, Nylon, and Spandex
- Polyethylene – used in waterproof layer of protector
- Quilted material keeps noise levels low and adds comfort
- Fits any mattress up to 16” deep
- Free shipping and returns
- $85 for a Queen
The full review of the Casper mattress protector is available here.
- Liquid-absorbent layer on all sides: 85% Polyester, 15% Spandex (stretchy fabric)
- Protective waterproof coating: 100% TPU Polyurethane
- Comes in sizes Twin – Cal King (with Twin XL and Full XL)
- Will work on any mattress up to 13” tall
- There is no trial or return policy for the Purple™ Mattress Protector
- $59 for a Queen (reg. $79)
The full review of the Purple mattress protector is available here.
Pros and Cons of Each Protector
Who Might Want The Casper…
- Those who want a quilted component to the mattress protector
- People who have a mattress that’s at least 16-inches thick (or who have a Casper mattress)
- Those who want to be able to return the protector more easily
- People who want a secure fit to the mattress (360-elastic provides a tight grip)
Who Might Want The Purple…
- Those who want a thin protector
- People who have a mattress that’s at least 13-inches thick (or who have a Purple mattress)
- Those who want a protector whose material can stretch
Both protectors provide high-quality protection for a number of different factors. The choice will most likely come down to the preference for a quilted feel or a thin and less noticeable feel.
It’s also worth remembering that the Purple protector fits mattresses up to 13-inches while the Casper protector can go up to 16-inches thick.
Neither protector will completely protect against bed bugs since they are both five-sided (meaning the bottom side of the mattress is still exposed).
Both are machine washable and under $100 for a Queen size, making them excellent values.
Because I have a Casper mattress, I really enjoyed the feel and protection that the Casper protector provided. I also like saving money and it felt like I was combining a mattress pad and a mattress protector in this soft and quilted product.
Either protector can be an excellent choice for the right type of sleeper depending on their needs and preferences.