The Casper mattress protector is the first protector I’ve reviewed that looks and feels like a mattress pad and mattress protector hybrid. It has a quilted feel that is luxurious, but provides the same level of protection that a protector would.
I used it on my Casper mattress, but it fits other mattress types as well. Read on for my full review.
- Knit top: polyester and spandex
- Skirting: polyester, nylon, and spandex
- The waterproof layer of the protector features Polyethylene
- Engineered with the same waterproof material used in premium outdoor gear; 100 percent waterproof on the top, quilted portion
- Quilted material keeps noise levels low and adds comfort
- Care: machine wash on warm and tumble dry low. Do not dry clean. Heat drying could cause de-lamination and shrinkage
- Fits any mattress up to 16” deep with elastic skirting and a 360-degree grip
- 1-year limited warranty
- Free shipping and returns
- Thick material gives a luxurious feel
- Easy to take on/off the mattress
- Soft, quilted top
- Perfect fit on a mattress; no extra movement
- Machine washable and dryer friendly
- Virtually noiseless
- Not bedbug proof
Adding a waterproof protector to your mattress helps protect the longevity of your mattress and ensure that you don’t void your mattress warranty. Fluid/water damage or spills can void your warranty and make the mattress susceptible to mold and other issues.
One of the nice things about the Casper mattress protector is that it has a thin layer of polyethylene (PE) sandwiched between polyester knit, so it doesn’t have a rough feel or make squeaky or noisy sounds.
To test the waterproof properties of the protector, I poured 10 oz of water into a concentrated area of the mattress protector to mimic a spill or accident. I left the water there to be absorbed for a couple of hours.
When I came back and ran my hand underneath the protector, I felt no moisture, dampness, or leaks. The protector passed my waterproof test!
I use a Casper mattress, so the protector fit snugly around my bed. But if you use a different mattress and find that it is not the perfect fit, Casper encourages you to wash and dry the protector. From Casper’s site:
The great thing about that skirting material: it might appear larger right out of the package, but it’ll shrink to fit perfectly on the bed once it’s on. The sides are fully intended to be tucked into the foundation or frame if necessary. If you are finding it to still be on the bigger side, give it a quick wash and it should be fine!
Related: Common Mattress Sizes And Dimensions
Since this mattress protector has more of a mattress-pad-type feel than others I’ve reviewed, I was curious about how it would breathe with both a quilted layer and a waterproof layer built into one product.
Casper says the protector has three layers: two knit layers with a waterproof layer (PE) in between. From Casper’s site:
In the protector, the protective film is sandwiched by a polyester knit fabric — the same material used in premium athletic wear to keep people cool. It has an integrated spacer layer, so air flows through it easily to keep things nice and breezy.
I had no issue with breathability when I used this protector. I enjoyed the soft feel under my sheets.
With many waterproof mattress protectors, the waterproof barrier can sometimes create noise or rustle underneath your sheets.
On this protector, the polyester knit fabric that sandwiches the waterproof film in the protector helps keep the noise to a minimum. The unique skirting material hugs the sides of the mattress and helps prevent shifting, which further reduces noise.
Overall: Price And Value
The Casper mattress protector ranges from $85 for a Twin/Twin XL to $105 for a King or Cal King. Queen mattress protectors are $95.
If you own a Casper mattress or are interested in protecting any mattress by adding a thicker/softer layer, I would definitely consider the Casper mattress protector.
Because this protector offers comfort, breathability, and waterproof protection, I think it’s worth the value.
If you still want to keep searching, make sure to check out our overall mattress protector reviews.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Celebrate Labor Day 2019 With These Mattress Deals! - August 22, 2019
- BCOZZY Travel Pillow Review – Best Chin Support Out There? - August 21, 2019
- TEMPUR-LuxeAdapt – Everything You Need To Know - August 20, 2019