eLuxurySupply is a company that is well known and sells all kinds of bedding products. I was excited to try out their bamboo mattress pad because I had seen and hear great things about it (see here for my review of their 10 inch mattress). Overall, I was impressed with my experience with it, but read on for my full review.
Note: I was using an 11.5 inch Saatva mattress while reviewing this mattress pad. It is possible your experience could be slightly different if you have a much different type of mattress than I was using or if your mattress is much thicker or thinner.
- The top of the mattress pad is made from 70% polyester and 30% rayon from bamboo. These materials were chosen to make the pad as breathable as possible to ensure you get a cool night of sleep.
- The next part of the pad is the cluster fiber fill. It is this fiber filling that really gives the pad its extra plush softness. It’s also a durable material that will help your pad last a long time.
- When you first open the box, you will probably be happy with what you see. Immediately you can tell that it is well made and has a great touch to it.
This part of the review is a little subjective, but I’ll do my best to describe the overall feel. The first thing to note is that the pad is only 1.5 inches thick. It’s not going to dramatically change the feel of your mattress like a thicker mattress topper might. Having said that, it does change the feel to a lesser degree. The best way I would describe it is that it adds a small degree of softness to the mattress. It’s not a dramatic change, but if you think your current mattress is a little too firm, this could be the perfect match for you.
One of the great things about this mattress pad is how breathable it is. The combination of the part rayon from bamboo cover and the fiber filling is great for allowing air to flow. That was my case at least, and I think others will agree. This makes the pad perfect for someone who either tends to sleep hot in general or currently has a mattress that sleeps a little hot. The breathability is definitely a big reason why someone should consider getting this mattress pad.
Some people will ask whether the pad has a chemical smell, like what you see a lot of times with bed-in-a-box mattresses when you first open it up. In this case, I read that I shouldn’t expect there to be a smell, and that is exactly what happened in my case. When I first opened up the pad, I took a big whiff and didn’t smell anything at all. So you shouldn’t have any issues with that here.
The company says that the pad will fit on mattresses up to 18 inches thick. I used it on a mattress that is 11.5 inches thick. The pad fit just fine on this mattress, and I feel that it had slack to fit on a mattress a good amount thicker, so I think their claims are correct in this case. For my mattress, it did have a nice, snug fit.
The table below provides the prices for the different sizes that they have available. As you can see, the price range goes from $90 to $165, which in my opinion is a great deal for what you get. The pad should be durable too, so I think the value is really there with this mattress pad.
|Twin||39” x 76”||$90|
|Twin XL||39” x 80”||$90|
|Full||54” x 76”||$105|
|Queen||60” x 80”||$115|
|King||76” x 80”||$120|
|Cal King||72” x 84”||$120|
|Split King||2 Twin XL Pads||$165|
You Might Want To Get This Pad If:
- Your Mattress Sleeps A Little Hot– This pad is very breathable, so it can be a great option if you want to sleep cooler without having to get a new mattress.
- You Want A Little Extra Softness– This pad will increase the overall softness by a little bit, so if you think your mattress is just a little too firm, this pad can be a great option for you.
- You Want To Protect Your Mattress Against Stains And General Wear– This pad should increase the life of your mattress and it will provide an extra layer to serve as a barrier for stains.
- You Want A Pad With A Great FIt– This pad fit perfectly on my mattress and it should have a nice, snug fit on most mattresses that aren’t too thick.
You Might Not Want To Get This Pad If:
- Your Mattress Feels Just Right Or Is A Little Soft– This pad is going to make your mattress feel softer, so if the feel of your mattress is already just right or is a little soft, then you’ll want to try something else.
- You Want A More Pronounced Change In Comfort– This pad gives the mattress a slightly softer feel. It doesn’t change the feel overall significantly, however. If you are looking for a bigger change, then you will probably want to find something thicker or go with a mattress topper.
I think this is a really well made mattress pad that could be a great choice for a lot of people. It’s priced reasonably as well, so I think it should be a great value in the long run. This is best for people looking for a little extra softness from their mattress and for people who have mattresses that tend to sleep a little hot. It could also simply be a good way to protect your mattress from stains and general wear.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Clarity. He mainly focuses on mattress reviews and oversees the content across the site.
He likes things simple and take a straightforward, objective approach to his reviews. Joe has personally tested nearly 250 mattresses and always recommends people do their research before buying a new bed. He has been testing mattresses for over 5 years now, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to mattress selection. He has been cited as an authority in the industry by a number of large publications.
Joe has an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Latest posts by Joe Auer (see all)
- Beautyrest Black Online Mattress Review – Luxury Comfort And Support? - November 19, 2019
- Zinus Vs AmazonBasics Comparison – Which Online Mattress Wins Out? - November 11, 2019
- AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress Review – A Comfortable Value? - November 8, 2019