10 Grove is an interesting company. They are a producer of luxury bedding. They also own their own factory, so they’re able to price their items quite low.
I have been excited to try some of 10 Grove’s products for a while now. So when I received the 10 Grove Duvet Cover from their Hudson collection, I put a light comforter inside of it and put it right on my bed.
What was my experience like with the 10 Grove Duvet Cover? Read on for my full review.
You Might Like The 10 Grove If …
- You like bedding with a crisp, linen feel. The 10 Grove comes in two versions, percale and sateen. I received the percale model, which has that classic, crisp linen feel. If you like something thinner and similar to what you would find on a hotel bed, the percale model of the 10 Grove should work for you.
- You are a hot sleeper. If you often find yourself overheating at night, you want to pay close attention to what type of bedding you are using. When it comes to duvet covers, percale is usually a more breathable weave. The 10 Grove is no exception. It allows for a good amount of airflow. Paired with a lighter comforter or duvet insert, it sleeps quite cool.
- You like a bordered style. The Hudson collection duvet cover features a bordered style. You have an inner and outer border. If you like a white duvet cover with a modern, bordered style, this 10 Grove Duvet Cover should be a good choice.
- You want a luxurious, durable duvet cover, but for a value price. Do you want to add a modern, luxury duvet cover to your bed? You would usually need to spend quite a bit of money. While the 10 Grove is not the most affordable duvet cover out there, it is priced very well for such a high-quality piece of bedding.
You Might Not Like The 10 Grove If …
- You prefer a soft, silky feel. If you prefer a duvet cover that is soft with a silky feel, this might not be the model for you. You would probably prefer something with a sateen weave and should opt for the 10 Grove sateen model.
- You want a duvet cover with a solid color. Just from a style perspective, the 10 Grove might not be the best choice if you want a duvet cover with a solid color. The 10 Grove, specifically the duvet cover from their Hudson collection, is white with a bordered style.
- You don’t want to deal with wrinkles. One of the drawbacks of percale is that it can be wrinkly, especially after you wash and dry it. This model of the 10 Grove is no different. After you clean it, you will need an iron to get rid of wrinkles.
- You want a more affordable duvet cover. While the 10 Grove is a very good deal, it might be too pricey for some. It is $190 for a Full/Queen-size, and there are much more affordable options out there.
RELATED: Best Duvet Covers
Construction, Size, And Color Options
10 Grove currently offers four collections: Madison, Irving, Mercer, and Hudson. We received the 10 Grove Duvet Cover from the Hudson collection. It has a solid border around the edge and an inner border as well.
The 10 Grove Duvet Cover is made with 100% long-staple Egyptian cotton. This is a strong, durable fiber. While all their duvet covers are made with this material, you can opt for a percale or sateen model.
We reviewed the percale model, which is thin, lightweight, and breathable. It has a 400 thread count.
All of the fabrics are also OEKO-TEX certified, meaning they are free of harmful chemicals.
You can choose from five different border colors: White, Beige, Blue, Gray, and Olive Martini. In terms of size, you can pick between Twin/Twin XL, Full/Queen, and King/California King.
Feel And Breathability
My experience of the 10 Grove is that it is both crisp and lightweight. It is not as smooth as sateen, for example, but it does have a nice hand feel. When I lie underneath it, it is not rough against my skin.
One of the major benefits of percale is breathability. The 10 Grove percale duvet cover is quite breathable. It promotes airflow and doesn’t make me feel too sweaty or clammy. I used it in the summer months, and I was not too hot underneath the duvet cover.
Cleaning And Care
A duvet cover can be a great investment if you want to keep your comforter clean. You can throw it in the washer and dryer without having to head to the dry cleaner. 10 Grove recommends you follow these steps when cleaning your duvet cover:
- Wash the duvet cover in cold water. Use a gentle cycle.
- Do not use chlorine bleach when washing your 10 Grove.
- Tumble dry the duvet cover on a medium/permanent press setting.
- You can also air dry the 10 Grove by placing it outside or near an open window.
- Iron the duvet cover if you want to get rid of wrinkles.
In the end, I thought the 10 Grove was a high-quality duvet cover. I was surprised by the price, because this is a very luxurious piece of bedding. 10 Grove offers free shipping.
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Tuft & Needle Mint Vs. Casper Mattress Comparison – Which Is Best For You? - September 12, 2019
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers – Which Is The One For You? - September 11, 2019
- Cushion Lab Calm Embrace Weighted Blanket Review – Will It Help You Sleep Better? - September 10, 2019