AllerEase’s hypoallergenic, 100% cotton body pillow is a soft, plush, fiber-filled body pillow.
Because it’s not overly firm, it will provide enhanced support that should work for all sleep positions. It’ll also be a comfortable option for many expecting mamas-to-be.
This review will let consumers understand everything they need to know in order to make a more informed purchasing decision.
AllerEase Body Pillow Video Review
See this body pillow in action as I put it through a few tests, as well as talk through what shopper will most enjoy the pillow.
- Pillow dimensions: 20″ x 54″ (50 cm x 137 cm)
- Allergen barrier fabric protects against dust mites and other household allergens
- Cover: 100% cotton fabric
- Hypoallergenic polyester fiberfill
- Made in the USA of imported materials
- Third-party lab tested & allergist recommended
- Full price: $30 at multiple retailers
- 3-year limited warranty
- Care: People should machine wash warm; only non-chlorine bleach when needed; tumble dry low; ironing is not recommended.
Who Makes The Pillow
The AllerEase 100% cotton hypoallergenic body pillow is made by a company called American Textile Company under an allergen barrier brand called AllerEase.
Other well-known brands under this big company are Sealy and TEMPUR-Pedic.
AllerEase produces a lot of anti-allergen bedding including mattress protectors, mattress pads, and comforters.
- A good option for those with allergies or sensitivities
- Not overly firm but still supportive; good for a variety of uses
- Easy to care for (machine wash and dry)
- Affordable at around $30
- Easy to find at a variety of locations
- Cover sold separately
- Cover isn’t bed-bug proof
- Will need to be fluffed occasionally
- People probably won’t be able to replace their traditional pillow with this; better for additional body support
- Takes up space in the bed
How This Pillow Works For Different Sleep Positions
Because of the soft and plush nature of this polyester fiber-filled body pillow, it should work well for all sleep positions and will also work well for pregnant people.
Side sleepers can hold onto it and place it between their knees to help keep their hips open, or they can move it to their back for added support.
Stomach sleepers can basically sleep on top of it since it’s not overly stuffed.
Back sleepers can sleep on the pillow as much as they desire or just place it next to them for added support.
RELATED: Best Pillows 2021
There are two other ways people can use the pillow beyond the traditional sleep positions.
First, the pillow is soft and flat enough that people can fold the pillow in half and place the whole thing between their knees.
Second, people can also fold it and place it behind their back when they sit upright to use it as added support when they’re reading or watching TV in bed.
This AllerEase body pillow is a simple, hypoallergenic body pillow that’s a nice addition if they want added support but have dust mite allergies or other sensitivities.
It cannot be sealed off completely, but is still allergist-recommended and third-party lab tested to be an allergen barrier.
It’s not overly stuffed and can go flat with consistent use, so consumers will need to fluff it occasionally in the dryer, outside, or by hand.
It should work well with all sleep positions.
It’s affordable and available at a variety of retailers and a pillowcase can be purchased for it separately as well.