There’s something so freeing about a pillow fight. It brings back those carefree days of slumber parties and adolescent tomfoolery. No bills, no responsibilities—just full-on pillow warfare.
For those of you anxious to reclaim the fun of your youth, we’ve got some great news: April 7 is International Pillow Fight Day.
From Atlanta to Vienna, the young at heart will have a chance to let out stored-up aggression in one of the healthiest ways possible: a good old pillow fight.
What began as disparate flash mobs soon morphed into a combined World Pillow Fight Day in 2008. Since then, the event has grown significantly as more and more participants realize the therapeutic nature of smacking someone with a pillow.
This year, even mattress and bedding retailer Mattress Firm is getting in on the fun for the New York City event. For those of you in the area, you can pick up a pillow from their NoHo location. Five dollars is all it will cost you, and all proceeds go to support foster charities.
If you’re not in New York, a full list of participating cities can be found at the event’s official Facebook page. Participating cities include Chicago; Orlando, Fla.; and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, among many others. If you don’t find your city on the list, you can start an event in your own city here.
It’s not too late to join the battle, but there are a few things to know before you start swinging:
- Swing softly. Injuries are no fun.
- Make sure you only use soft pillows.
- Leave people who don’t have pillows out of the fight. They may just be there to watch.
- If someone has a camera, don’t swing at them. No property destruction, please.
- Some events may not allow feather pillows because of animal welfare. Check your city’s event information for specific rules.
- Clean up your mess.
You can read the official how-to guide here.
Just be safe and join in on all the pillow-bashing fun.
Featured image: Sergei Bachlakov/Shutterstock – International Pillow Fight Day 2012 in Vancouver, British Columbia
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Moon Pod Review – The Bean Bag Chair Reimagined? - December 24, 2019
- Purple Gravity Weighted Blanket Review – Heavy Pressure? - December 13, 2019
- Brooklyn Bedding Weighted Blanket Review – A Good Value? - December 11, 2019