The Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses are the official mattress of the National Sleep Foundation, according to the brand. They come in a wide range of models, but all are designed to tackle five common sleep problems:
- Tossing and turning
- Lack of support
- Sleeping too hot or too cold
- Partner disturbance
- Mattress roll-off and sagging
There are three Castleview models: Castleview Plush, Castleview Firm, and the Cushion Firm Euro Pillow Top. The Pillow Top falls right in the middle in terms of Serta’s firmness scale. It’s also available exclusively at Sam’s Club locations where you can not only try the mattress but get their special pricing as well.
You Will Like This Mattress If …
- You like the feel of an innerspring coil mattress. An innerspring mattress will feel bouncy and taut rather than enveloping your body the way memory foam does.
- You run hot at night. Innerspring coil mattresses are usually less prone to trapping heat than memory foam mattresses. Plus, this model contains Cool Twist® Gel Foam to help keep you cool.
- You want an affordable option. This Castleview Cushion Firm Euro Pillow Top model is available exclusively online at Sam’s Club locations. By testing it out and purchasing it at Sam’s Club, you will see some major discounts (depending on the sales currently going on). This is a nice chance to buy a Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress at a price that fits most budgets.
You May Not Like This Mattress If …
- You like the enveloping, sinking feeling of memory foam. This mattress has limited memory foam layers and won’t have that “quicksand” feel that an all-foam mattress would have. If you prefer that feeling to the bounce of a spring coil system, check out the Perfect Sleeper Express collection. (You can check out the 10″ version here).
- You are a back or stomach sleeper. This is not the firmest mattress Serta offers, but it is still quite firm. This means it’s a good fit for people who like a firm, supportive feel. For the most part, this will include back and stomach sleepers who need more support to sustain proper back alignment.
This model is approximately 13.5” tall and contains:
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- Cool Twist® Gel Foam
- 739 Individually Wrapped Coil Technology with Total Edge® Foam Encasement
The Castleview Cushion Firm Euro Pillow Top is on the firmer end of Serta’s overall firmness scale.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- People who provided feedback from the Sam’s Club website said they are pleased with the firmness of the mattress, saying it’s comfortable and supportive at the same time. One buyer wrote in their review, “Have now had this mattress for a few weeks and find it to be both firm and soft. It’s comfortably soft to sleep on but quite firm so that when morning arrives my back is pain-free.”
- Buyers say the motion transfer technology is excellent, so they are not disturbed by other people in the bed. “The best thing about the mattress is that you cannot feel the bed move when someone gets in or out,” one reviewer wrote. “We bought the king size, and sometimes my 7-year-old sneaks in the bed and I won’t notice till the next morning. I don’t even realize when my husband gets in and out of the bed. “
- Couples say this model works for both back and side sleepers. One person wrote in their review, “I am a side sleeper and my side and back doesn’t hurt now after waking up. My wife is a back sleeper and she is totally impressed as well.”
Most Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- The mattress may need some time to “break in,” meaning it might feel too firm at first. One reviewer wrote, “The first night I thought it was too hard, but now I really love it!”
- Some buyers say the mattress feels lumpy or that they feel holes in it. “The mattress is comfortable but I immediately noticed indentations in the mattress that remain and now seem permanent,” one buyer wrote. “I feel I get stuck in a hole and [it’s] difficult to turn at night.” Another reviewer wrote that the mattress “created sinkholes in the middle of the bed.”
- The mattress may give off a strong, chemical-type odor when it first arrives. This is caused by a normal process called “off-gassing,” and the smell should dissipate within a few days — provided you air out the mattress by keeping a window open or circulating air with a fan or air conditioning unit.
Why Pick This Over Other Serta models?
This is a pillow-top model, meaning it has an extra layer of padding on top. Other Serta models don’t have this.
This model is also quite firm. Some other Serta models are softer, while some are firmer. This model is a good option for people who want a firm model that is not super firm.
The Castleview Cushion Firm Euro Pillow Top is an innerspring mattress, meaning it doesn’t have memory foam. Other Serta mattresses have only memory foam, while Serta hybrid mattresses have both coils and foam.
Unlike most of the other Serta models, this is exclusively available at Sam’s Club locations and may be offered at a discounted price.
The Castleview Cushion Firm Euro Pillow Top is a hybrid option that offers the bounce of an innerspring coil system with a layer of cool gel foam. It’s 13.5″ tall, which puts it on the taller end. Feedback from customers seems to be positive. They like it because of its good firmness level and the motion transfer technology. Check it out at Sam’s Club to test it for yourself.
All images from Serta
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- GhostPillows Review – Gel Memory Foam And Faux Down - December 4, 2019
- Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier Review – Sweet Dreams All Night Long? - December 3, 2019
- New Study Reveals Far-Reaching Impacts Of Sleep Deprivation - November 27, 2019