Despite their contrasting outward appearances, the ISO-COOL Traditional pillow and Bear Mattresses’ proprietary hybrid foam pillow share numerous characteristics. Their gorgeous foam cores are a highlight, plus they each feature innovative technology to help sleepers stay cool overnight. What sets them apart? Watch my video or keep reading for my in-depth comparison.
ISO-COOL Traditional vs Bear Pillow: Top Similarities
- Ventilated foam filings and cooling outer fabric – designed for hot sleepers
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Only come in one size
- Both come with warranties
ISO-COOL Traditional vs Bear Pillow: Key Differences
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover, made with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material
- Visco-elastic memory foam filling
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- Traditional size measures 18 x 24 inches
- 5-year warranty
Read our full ISO-COOL Traditional-Shape Memory Foam pillow review, here.
- Cover: Double Ice Fabric: a special fabric that feels cool to the touch; made up of 40% “cool yarn” and 60% polyester
- Core filling is made with LOFT-X FOAM: a hybrid foam that combines memory foam and latex foam to contour to your spine and neck (100% polyurethane)
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Only available in Queen size
- 2-year warranty and 100 night trial (from the time you receive the pillow)
Read our full Bear Pillow review, here.
Who Might Choose ISO-COOL Traditional…
- Stomach sleepers who prefer foam. Often foam pillows can be too firm or too tall for stomach sleepers, who typically require thinner/flatter pillows for proper neck alignment. While this particular pillow is foam filled it’s definitely on the softer side and a great fit for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who love a cotton cover. The 300 thread count 100% cotton cover is crisp, smooth and soft. It also features Phase Change Material in the cover that helps sleepers stay cool without a noticeable change in texture. Sleepers can easily sleep right on the cover or add a pillowcase to it.
Who Might Choose Bear…
- Back or side sleepers. The Bear pillow is a thicker piece of foam. This increased loft makes it a more comfortable fit for back or side sleepers (based on my experience, at least!).
For those who love latex foam or hybrid foam pillows, this one might be worth the price. Click the button below to save 20% on a Bear pillow!
Who Could Go with Either…
- Hot sleepers. Both pillows are designed to breathe and pull body heat away from the sleeper, helping to keep individuals cool overnight. ISO-COOL has ventilated filling and phase change fabric that will regulate body heat. Meanwhile, Bear offers a ventilated filling, as well, and Double Ice Fabric made with “cool yarn” that is actually cool to the touch.
To summarize my comparison: Hot sleepers who prefer foam-filled pillows will enjoy either of these pillows but the biggest difference is in their thickness and loft.
Based on my experience, the thinness of the ISO-COOL pillow lends itself to stomach sleepers. This could be especially good for those looking to make a transition from a down or down alternative pillow to a foam one.
Bear’s pillow offers more loft and a thicker overall feel, making it an excellent fit for back and side sleepers who desire just a little more support.