The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top is a hybrid mattress. This model is part of the Simmons Beautyrest Silver collection, which is the most affordable of the Beautyrest collections.
The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top mattress is approximately 14” high and contains:
- Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, a silver-infused material that inhibits bacterial growth and promotes cooling
- Aircool® Foam, which helps prevent overheating
- Airfeel™ Foam, which promotes airflow throughout the mattress
- Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, which relieves pressure
- Geltouch® Foam, a cooling foam that also helps relieve pressure
- 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology, a supportive coil system
This is a luxury firm mattress with a pillow-top, meaning the mattress is made up of a soft pillow-top with a firm mattress underneath.
The pillow-top and the layers of foam should help relieve joint pressure. At the same time, the pocketed coils should give you the support you need.
Finally, the temperature-regulating technologies should help prevent overheating at night.
Simmons states this is Luxury Firm Pillow Top. Firm pillow-top mattresses are often a good fit for combination sleepers, because they offer enough support for your back and stomach as well as some softness for pressure relief on your side.
That being said, we cannot give a more specific assessment of the firmness without further information.
Common Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top may be a good selection for people who “sleep hot.” It contains the following cooling technology: Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, and Geltouch® Foam.
- A pillow-top model such as this one is ideal for people who like a mattress with a softer surface that is supportive underneath.
- The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top is a hybrid mattress with coils and memory foam. That makes it ideal for people who want a balance of support and comfort.
Common Complaints And Other Things To Note
- In many cases, a pillow-top mattress may wear down more quickly over time than mattresses without a pillow-top. That’s because the pillow-top material may compress over time.
- The mattress layers are firm, but due to the pillow-top, the Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top may not feel firm when you lie on it. This means it may not be a good selection for people seeking an extra firm mattress.
- The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top does not have very thick layers of classic memory foam, so it’s not a good pick for people who prefer the enveloping, sinking feeling of memory foam.
Why Should You Choose This Over The Other Silver Models?
The Simmons website describes the Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top as a “luxury firm pillow top,” meaning it is likely to be firmer than other mattresses in the collection.
The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top has a pillow-top, compared to other models in the Beautyrest Silver collection which do not.
This hybrid mattress is approximately 14” high and contains Dualcool™ Technology Fiber, Aircool® Foam, Airfeel™ Foam, Aircool® Gel Memory Foam, Geltouch® Foam, and 815 Density Firm Beautyrest® Pocketed Coil® Technology.
The Open Seas Luxury Firm Pillow Top is a good pick for people who like a firm mattress with a pillow-top. Combination sleepers may find the support and comfort they need in numerous positions on this mattress.
All images from Simmons
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Eight Sleep Unveils New Cooling Smart Mattress, The Pod - February 13, 2019
- Best Weighted Blankets 2019 - January 31, 2019
- Buffy Comforter Review – Warm And Eco-Friendly? - January 25, 2019