The Serta iSeries Hybrid line makes use of its patented foam technology as well as individually wrapped coils. All the hybrid mattresses in this line are designed to give you the comfort of memory foam and the support of coils.
The 500 Cushion Firm is the second firmest mattress in the iSeries Hybrid line, but still promises a cushiony feel.
Will this mattress give you a proper balance of comfort and support? Read on for our full overview of the Serta iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm mattress.
You Will Like This Mattress If …
- You are a back sleeper. The 500 Cushion Firm is firmer than average, but still not far from the middle of Serta’s firmness scale. Medium-firm mattresses are usually best for back sleepers because they give the proper overall support without being too firm.
- You are a stomach sleeper who likes a softer mattress. Stomach sleepers usually require firm mattresses to keep them supported in that position. This mattress is firmer than average, and it may be a nice fit for some stomach sleepers who don’t require as much support.
- You are a hot sleeper. All three layers of foam are designed to dissipate heat, and the individually wrapped coils allow for airflow. These factors combine to keep you from sleeping hot.
- You sleep with a partner. Because it’s a hybrid foam/innerspring, this mattress should have decent motion isolation. This means you shouldn’t feel your partner moving around at night.
You May Not Like This Mattress If …
- You are a stomach sleeper who likes a firmer mattress. Stomach sleepers usually need a firm mattress to give them the proper support. While this mattress is firmer than average, it may not be quite firm enough for some stomach sleepers.
- You are a side sleeper. Softer mattresses are usually ideal for side sleepers. This mattress is on the firmer side, and it may not give the best pressure relief when you lie on your side.
- You don’t like the feeling of memory foam. This model has three separate layers of memory foam: 0.5” Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, 1.5” EverCool Supreme Memory Foam, and 2” EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam. If you don’t like the slight sinking feeling of memory foam, this may not be the best fit for you.
Construction and Materials
The iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm mattress is approximately 14” high and contains:
- HyperFeel Surface Design
- 0.5” Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam
- 1.5” EverCool Supreme Memory Foam
- 2” EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam
- 886 Pro-Support Coil System with Best Edge Foam Encasement
Firmness and Feel
This is a “cushion firm” model, which means it’s firmer than average on Serta’s firmness scale.
Most Common Pieces Of Praise: What Makes This Mattress Stand Out?
- People say the motion transfer technology is great. One reviewer wrote, “There is little movement of the mattress when one of us get[s] out of bed at night.”
- This bed is very popular with couples who have differing opinions about how firm a mattress should be. One buyer wrote, “This was the perfect compromise bed for my wife and me. She likes very soft beds as she is a side sleeper and I like more firm beds since I sleep on my back.”
- The style of the HyperFeel Surface Design is popular. One buyer reports, “The mattress is very well made, easy to handle/move.”
Most Common Complaints And Other Things to Note
- Some buyers have found the mattress to be too firm. “It is very firm for someone expecting middle-of-the-road support,” one person wrote in their review. “Even with the 4 inches of memory foam, the springs’ tension make the bed firm. I don’t recommend this bed if you know you don’t like firm beds.”
- The cooling memory foam does not regulate everyone’s temperature. One person wrote that the mattress “heats up in the middle of the night and wakes me up.”
- The mattress is quite high, approximately 14”, meaning some people may need to use special deep-pocket sheets with it. If you don’t already own deep-pocket sheets, this is something to consider.
Why Pick This Over Other Serta models?
The 500 Cushion Firm mattress is a firmer-than-average mattress that incorporates foam and coil technology. It could give a nice blend of pressure relief and support, especially if you sleep on your back.
This mattress contains three different types of memory foam. While it is a firmer mattress, these foam layers still relieve pressure on shoulders and hips.
The mattress is approximately 14” high and contains HyperFeel Surface Design, 0.5” Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam, 1.5” EverCool Supreme Memory Foam, 2” EverCool Twist Gel Memory Foam, and 886 Pro-Support Coil System with Best Edge Foam Encasement.
It is firmer than average, so it should be a good match for back sleepers and possibly some stomach sleepers. It is also designed to dissipate heat and promote airflow, so you shouldn’t be sleeping hot.
All images from Serta
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Gravity Blanket Review – Soft Weight? - March 6, 2019
- Best Duvet Covers – Which Will You Choose? - February 28, 2019
- Brooklinen Classic Duvet Cover Review – Great For Hot Sleepers? - February 22, 2019