In 2018, Serta revamped their line of hybrid mattresses, with seven new models. The hybrid mattresses are the only ones in the Serta line that combine cooling memory foam technology– including their exclusive TempActiv™ gel memory foam – with an advanced coil system featuring the Serta® Hybrid Coil™ for support.
The Blue Fusion 100 Firm is the most basic model in the collection, and also the least expensive. It offers a good level of firmness as well.
You can find our complete guide to the Serta iComfort Blue Fusion 100 Firm mattress below.
The Blue Fusion 100 Firm is approximately 12” in height and features six layers.
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 100 Firm
These are the layers of the mattress:
- FireBlocker® Fiber
- 1” Serta® PillowSoft® Aire
- .5” Serta® PillowSoft® Foam
- .75” TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam
- 1” Serta® Balanced Support Foam
- Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement
You Might Want To Consider This If:
- You want a “best of both worlds” mattress. This hybrid mattress has a layer of TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam over the Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. You will get many of the benefits of both a foam and a coil mattress within this bed.
- You prefer a firmer mattress, but nothing rock hard. This is one of the firmer hybrid mattresses in Serta’s new iComfort range. Firmer beds tend to be best suited for stomach and back sleepers.
- You like memory foam but can find it hard to get out of bed on a pure memory foam mattress. This mattress has innerspring coils, and the Best Edge® Foam Encasement should help with edge support and also make it easier to get in and out of bed.
- You want the “enveloping” feel of memory foam without the overheating potential. If you like how memory foam feels, but often find yourself overheating in your sleep, this combination mattress could be a good option. The innerspring coils will help promote airflow within the mattress and the cooling gel foam should help promote cooler sleep, too.
You Might Not Want To Consider This If:
- You want a pure memory foam or innerspring. If you love the “sinking in” feeling you get from a true memory foam mattress, the innerspring coils will give the mattress added support and bounce to the bed.
- You prefer a soft mattress. Because this mattress is on the firmer end of Serta’s firmness scale, it won’t necessarily be a good fit for anyone who likes a soft or “middle of the road” mattress. Side sleepers may find that there’s too much pressure on their shoulders and hips on this bed.
- You only sleep on your side. Firmer mattresses tend to be harder on the heads, shoulders, hips, backs, and knees of side sleepers. They tend to need something with softer layers that provide enhanced pressure relief.
Serta iComfort Blue Fusion 100 Firm
Why Pick The Blue Fusion 100 Over Other iComfort Hybrid Models?
- It is the simplest and most basic model – and also the most affordable. Those on a budget may like the Blue Fusion 100 Firm best for those reasons.
- It has a level of firmness many users prefer. It is not a soft mattress but instead is on the firmer end, which tends to suit both back and stomach sleepers. Some buyers will prefer this over softer Serta hybrid options.
- It’s only 12” high. This is lower than many other Serta mattresses and lessens the likelihood that you will need to purchase special “deep pocket” sheets for this mattress.
Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 100 Firm has FireBlocker® Fiber, one layer of Serta® PillowSoft® Aire, one layer of Serta® PillowSoft® Foam, one layer of TempActiv™ Gel Memory Foam, and one layer of Serta® Balanced Support Foam plus a Serta® Hybrid Coil Support System Firm with Best Edge® Foam Encasement. It is a relatively firm mattress with both memory foam and inner coil technology.
It is on the firmer side of the hybrid collection and may be better suited for stomach and back sleepers who like a firm bed. The coil system will allow for airflow inside and help the bed sleep cool.
all images from Serta
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- A Complete Guide To Sleep And Depression - August 16, 2019
- HoMedics SoundSpa Sound Machine Review – Can It Help You Sleep? - August 15, 2019
- Best Body Pillows 2019 – Which One Is Right For You? - August 8, 2019