The main difference between these two pillows is their filling. Iso-Cool Traditional features solid memory foam while Casper’s pillow-in-a-pillow design is all about polyester filling that mimics down. What do they have in common? Both are hypoallergenic. Find out more about these pillows in my full comparison.
- 100% cotton outer covers
- Removable and washable portions/covers
- Warranties available
- Solid piece of ventilated Visco-Elastic memory foam filling
- 300-thread count 100% cotton cover, made with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material
- Endorsed by American Sleep Association (ASA)
- One size available per type of pillow
- 5-year warranty
- Pillow in a pillow design
- Outer Filling: Polyester fibers
- Inner Filling: Nearly one billion coated fibers
- Inner and Outer Cover Fabric: 400 thread count 100% Supima Cotton, Percale weave
- Fill is sourced in South Korea and assembled in the USA
- Standard and King sizes available
- 10-year warranty and 100-night trial
You Might Choose
Iso-Cool Traditional If …
- You are a stomach sleeper who is curious about foam pillows. The Iso-Cool pillow is thinner than many foam pillows, making it a great fit for stomach sleepers who would like to try a little more support than a down or down alternative can provide.
- You want a pillow that keeps its shape. The Iso-Cool pillow is a solid piece of foam which means you won’t have any issues with it changing shape or going flat. The responsive foam will regain its original shape seconds after you lift your head/neck off the pillow.
- You like the feel of a down pillow. Both the inner and outer pillows are filled with polyester – a down alternative – and give the feel of a down pillow.
- You want to wash your whole pillow. In the case of spills or accidents, Casper is the easiest to care for. Simply separate the inner and outer pillow and throw them both in the washing machine and dryer.
- You are a back or side sleeper. The 2” gusset on the Casper pillow provides more loft and additional filling which gives it more height and support than a lot of down alternative pillows. Based on my experience, this makes it a good fit for
- You have allergies. The memory foam and polyester fibers in each of these pillows are hypoallergenic, which means those who can’t enjoy true down or have dust mite allergies will be comfortable with either the Iso-Cool Traditional or Casper pillow.
When it comes to comfort, both of these pillows excel – but may suit certain types of sleepers over others.
The Iso-Cool Traditional is a thinner, breathable foam pillow that might be just what a stomach sleeper needs.
Casper’s pillow-in-a-pillow design mimics the feel of cozy down but is adjustable and can be a wonderful pillow for back and side sleepers who don’t mind sinking into their pillow a little. Stomach sleepers can remove the inner pillow and use that if they prefer.
Both pillows come with warranties and the Casper pillow comes with a trial period.
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Fisher-Price Recalls 4.7 Million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers - April 22, 2019
- Sleep Training: A Q&A With Pediatric Sleep Consultant Susie Parker - April 19, 2019
- The Complete Guide To Anxiety And Sleep - April 18, 2019