I matched the Casper pillow and the Purple Plush pillow together for comparison because they’re super similar in many ways. That said, their differences should be highlighted before any purchases are made!
From the outside, these two pillows look like they’re cut from the same cloth. They offer soft and fluffy filling and can be adjusted so they’re firmer at times and softer at others. But there is more to each pillow than meets the eye.
Their big differences lie in their outer covers, the way you adjust them, and which sleep positions they’re the best fit for.
Curious to learn more? Watch my video comparison or keep reading for all the details.
- Each pillow can be adjusted so it feels firmer or softer
- Polyester fiber filling in both
- Machine washable and dryable
- 100-night trials for each pillow
Casper Pillow: The Basics
- Two sizes: Standard and King
- Pillow-in-a-pillow design features an outer pillow that opens up to reveal a smaller inner pillow
- Inner and outer cover fabric: 100% Supima cotton, percale weave
- Outer filling: polyester fibers
- Inner filling: nearly one billion coated fibers (slightly firmer feel)
- Care: Separate inner and outer pillows and machine wash and dry
- Price: $65 Standard, $85 King
- 3-year limited warranty
Check out my detailed review of Casper’s pillow!
Purple Plush Pillow: The Basics
- Currently comes in one Standard size (26″ x 18″ – same dimensions as the Standard Casper size)
- The cover is 60% Lyocell and 40% Nylon with a moisture-wicking treatment
- The filling is what Purple calls “Smart Fluff,” or interlocking, denier poly-fiber puffballs
- Adjustable in that you unzip to make it softer and zip it to make it firmer. Two zippers so you can combine or do half and half for even more preciseness with no mess
- 1-year warranty
- Price: $49 (one size)
Learn more in my full review of the Purple Plush pillow.
- Covers: Casper is 100% cotton and Purple Plush is 60% Lyocell and 40% Nylon
- Fillings: Both are polyester fibers, but Casper is coated fibers and Purple Plush is “Smart Fluff”
- Adjustable features: Casper is a pillow-in-a-pillow design, while Purple Plush is adjusted via zippers on the length of each side of the pillow
- Sizes: Casper comes in Standard and King; Purple comes in just Standard
- Price: Casper is $65 for a Standard and $85 for a King; Purple is $49 for a Standard
Best Sleeping Positions For Each Pillow
This pillow can work with all sleep positions. I say this because you can take out the firmer inner pillow and use it by itself if you’re a stomach sleeper, or combine the two pillows if you’re a back or side sleeper.
My only caveat is that larger people or those with broader shoulders who sleep on their side may find this pillow goes flat more frequently or isn’t 100% supportive enough.
Otherwise, I do think it would work for all sleep positions.
Purple Plush holds its own on with support and loft, and I think it’s great for side sleepers and most back sleepers.
Even with both sides unzipped (when the pillow is at its softest), it might be too much for stomach sleepers who tend to need something softer.
Both pillows provide that soft and fluffy down-like feel. They’re easy to wash and can be adjusted to fit your preferred firmness and feel. So in that sense, they’re both great.
Which one you choose will ultimately come down to personal preference with the fabric cover and what sleep position you’re in most frequently. Stomach sleepers may slightly prefer the Casper over the Plush, and vice versa for side sleepers.
Let us know which one is the right one for you and comment below if you still need help choosing!
Latest posts by Katie Golde (see all)
- Home Essentials Company Floyd Unveils Its First Mattress - November 15, 2019
- Pillow Reviews: Casper Vs. MyPillow – How Do They Stack Up? - November 14, 2019
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier Review - November 13, 2019