Putting a duvet cover onto a duvet insert is not a very fun process. It can be cumbersome, complicated, and very, very frustrating.
Luckily, there are a few tricks to getting your duvet cover onto your duvet. Having tried them all, I think there’s one strategy that stands out among the rest.
Follow these easy steps, and never stress about your duvet cover again.
- Clear away your pillows. In order to easily put the duvet cover on the insert, it is important that you have a flat surface to work on. Pillows will just get in the way, so set them aside while you complete the following steps.
- Turn your duvet cover inside out. A duvet cover is similar to a pillowcase. Just like you would do with a pillowcase, turn the duvet cover inside out so that you can see the seams.
- Lay the duvet cover on the mattress with the opening at the foot of the bed. Make sure the empty duvet cover is laid down flat on the mattress. Also make sure the cover is open at the foot of the bed. Try your best to line it up evenly, so the corners of the duvet cover hang just over the corners of the mattress. Note that some duvets are designed to have more overhang, so they might not line up exactly.
- Lay the duvet insert down over the duvet cover. Put the duvet insert flat across the duvet cover. Line up the corners as close as you can. Many duvet inserts and comforters will feature duvet tabs at the corners, and most duvets have corner straps that can be tied onto these tabs. If your duvet cover or insert doesn’t feature these, just make sure the corners are lined up.
- Starting at the top of the bed, roll the duvet cover and insert down to the foot of the bed. Preferably with a friend’s help, start at the top of the bed and roll the cover and insert into a burrito-shaped roll. It doesn’t have to be a very tight roll, but make sure the corners of the cover and insert stay aligned.
- Wrap the corners of the duvet cover over the insert. This is the most complicated step. At each end of the roll, wrap the corners of the duvet cover over the roll. You will need to reach into the duvet cover opening and flip the corner right-side-out. Then tuck the end of the rolled-up duvet cover and insert into these corners.
- Wrap the center of the duvet cover over the insert. Depending on the size of your duvet, this may happen without you having to do much. Basically, you want to make sure the center of the roll is now showing the outside of the duvet cover.
- Unroll the duvet cover and insert. Carefully begin to roll out the duvet. You will see that the duvet insert is now inside the duvet cover. Before you lay the duvet cover down completely, you might want to give it a whip to make sure the insert is evenly distributed through the cover.
- Button or zip up the duvet cover. The final step is the easiest one. Simply button or zip up the duvet cover, and you have a fluffy duvet ready to go.
If you follow these steps, you should be sleeping with your warm, cozy duvet in no time. Again, it may be best to ask a friend for help. That will make the process faster and easier.
Featured image: Akasha/Shutterstock
Latest posts by Marten Carlson (see all)
- Moon Pod Review – The Bean Bag Chair Reimagined? - December 24, 2019
- Purple Gravity Weighted Blanket Review – Heavy Pressure? - December 13, 2019
- Brooklyn Bedding Weighted Blanket Review – A Good Value? - December 11, 2019